Some things to consider when designing your new garden. A little bit of forethought and planning will save you a lot of time and money in the longrun.
Some important points to consider are;
- How do you want to use the space – to play, relax, grow food, encourage wildlife?
- What is the aspect of the garden. Which way is north?,How much shade and sun will each area receive throughout the various times of the day and year?.
- Are there any steep spots or wet patches that need to be considered?
- Are there any services associated with the site that need to be considered?
- What type of soil do you have. Does it need improving?
- What plants will suit the site and what type of aesthetic you want?. Have a look around the neighbourhood at what is doing well and don’t be afraid to speak to a local nursery for guidance.
Always prepare some sort of plan for your space before you get started even if it’s just in your head, it will help give you clear direction from the get go.